Sunday, February 15, 2009

breast photos!

(now that I've got your attention!)

I - like most women living in the United States - have issues with my breasts. We're innundated with photos (especially here in LA) of perfectly symmetrical, full, perky, picture-perfect boobies on a daily basis. You can't help but compare yours to these and feel slightly inferior that yours don't measure up (no pun intended). Teenage girls are getting breast implants before they even turn 18 because they think that their breasts aren't perfect enough. Or at least as perfect as Lindsey Lohan's looked in that New Yorker / Marilyn Monroe shoot. Or Paris Hilton's in her infamous sex tape.


It's been awhile since I've been in a locker room or seen any breasts that weren't mine. So at my age I've had nothing to compare mine to. Except these ubiquitous pictures that leave me with one foot in Victoria's Secret and one foot on the doorstep of Dr. Rey.

Anyway, last night after seeing a nude photo of Naomi Watts on Perez Hilton - I was astounded at how great she looked. She had a baby in December, had a little pooch on her belly - but over all, she looked amazing. And her breasts were PERFECT. Many of these pre-pubescent losers on the message boards commented about how "gross" she looked, how her c-section scars were showing, how her belly was bloated, how her boobs were ugly. I, on the other hand, thought, "Geez, I've never even HAD a baby, and I look worse than this!" So I started searching for boobs. Don't ask me why, I just started thinking that perhaps I needed to spruce mine up or - at the very least - buy a push-up bra!

I ended up stumbling upon this website that all of you ladies (and men!) might want to take a look at. Real women, real breasts, real post-pregnancy bellies, real butts and thighs. Of course, in the back of my mind I am saying, "Oh, these photos must be the unattractive 1% of the world who CERTAINLY aren't the women who I come in contact with every day!" But maybe not. Maybe I'm normal after all. And all the photos that make it into the media - and all of the celebrities who parade themselves on the nude beaches of San Tropez - are NOT the norm.

http://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php

You be the judge. But while you're at it, don't judge YOURSELF too harshly. You might be more normal than you think.

No comments: