Thursday, January 05, 2006

me thinks thou protesteth too much

It seems that Lonnie Latham, a senior pastor at the South Tulsa Baptist Church in Oklahoma (and an executive committee member of the Southern Baptist Convention - which is the nation's largest Protestant denomination) was looking for a little hanky-panky, and propositioned a plainclothes MALE cop outside a hotel. His response? "I was set up. I was in the area pastoring to police."

Hmmm...so that's what they're calling it these days?

A convention directive supported by Latham urges fellow church members to minister to gays and lesbians (ahem!) telling them they can become heterosexual "If they accept Jesus Christ as their savior and reject their 'sinful, destructive lifestyle.'" Let's see...who could make a God-fearing man turn to another man for a little nookie-nookie? Could it be...SATAN?????

Tsk Tsk Tsk. Pie in the face, anyone??

6 comments:

Guano said...

I LOVE this story!

love the blog Lisa, keep posting at it. I've been getting kind of lazy with mine but with the holidays over I should get back to it.

-Bonehead :)

Lisa Goich-Andreadis said...

Thanks, Scott! Love your Blogs, too. However that Limbo photo was DISTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBING!

Anonymous said...

the guy's name was Lonnie...did anyone really think he WASN'T gay??

nice blog so far...I'll try to keep up!
Jill

Guano said...

Aww come on Lisa, what's a little cooter between friends?

Lisa Goich-Andreadis said...

Bonehead...I suddenly had flashbacks to that crazy night at the 'Rage' where I drank all that Goldschlager (thanks to the hot, no-shirted bartender who kept giving them to me for FREE) which prevented me from showing up at work the next morning. And it was only my second week of work! I didn't do any pantiless limboing that night, did I?????

Guano said...

I'll never tell.